Below are a few reviews that we have received from some of the CPAs taking our courses from different CPE providers in 2021 and 2022. The ones with star ratings are from 2022.
Accounting and Audit CPE Course Reviews
Brazen Employee Theft
- Excellent case studies with analysis describing the conditions in companies that permitted significant fraud to occur.
Remember- Trust is not an internal control. This sums it up perfectly. – 5 Stars
Crossing the Line: Cases in Financial Statement Fraud and Audit Deception
- Very interesting examples of their life. I could not even imagine that public companies are capable of this.
- Very interesting. I do wish that they had discussed how these frauds were discovered, but otherwise it was very informative and interesting.
- Dramatic fraud cases-hard to believe these. But shows how multiple parties can be duped by deceptive players.
- Interesting case studies on fraud. Understanding these studies, the motivations to commit fraud, and the proper controls to reduce the risk can help to both identify fraud and reduce fraud risk.
- Very interesting and informative.
- Very high quality writing! fascinating case studies
- I like how they gave application to both CPAs in industry as well as public accounting. Great examples of how fraud can be conducted and not be detected and how strong internal controls could have prevented the frauds.
- Interesting and different case studies highlighting how fraud can be perpetrated n many ways.
- Great examples. Fraud and the importance of good and effective internal controls. Great course!- 5 Stars
Koss Corporation – A Case Study in Fraud
- The content was good and I found that using a real case study is a good way to teach concepts. This was quite interesting to explain how the dimensions of the fraud triangle were all present and all contributed to this fraud.
- Thank you very much. I really appreciate it. Great course. Very informative. Good job. – 5 stars
- An excellent breakdown of a fraud in a case study format – 5 stars
Accounts Receivable Best Practices for Small to Medium Sized Commercial Entities
- Very useful information. practical applications for everyday use
- Very informative course. I appreciated the breakdown of the various topics. Great refresher – 5 stars
Excel CPE Course Reviews
Excel Time Value of Money Functions for CPAs
- I’ve often played around with the financial formulas in Excel, but found them slightly confusing. This course puts a lot of knowledge in a concise format that was easy to understand, and, the examples given made it easy to verify how it actually worked with real numbers.
- This was an excellent course, explains variety of formulas that can easily be done n Excel
Fraud Audit Techniques using Excel
- Concise descriptions with good hands-on examples made this course interesting and informative.
- An excellent review of both Excel data filter functions and formulas as well as introducing fraud red flags that may be present in the data.. and using trhese functions to detect these red flags in Excel data sets. 5 Stars
- I learned a couple of nifty tricks for excel Very good course – 5 stars
- Excellent course on powerful techniques to hunt down anomalies, duplicates and data that needs further investigation. – 5 stars
Excel Chart Basics
- Good overview of chart making. I had no experience and this was very helpful.
- There were several good hints and tips included with this program. I have built several graphs and I still learned a few tips and tricks.
- Course is well developed and put together. Great information, I learned a lot.
- Really interesting information and new graphing /charting tools to use. Good course.
Creating Effective Charts
- Absolutely fabulous, detailed course, helps you actually enjoy getting in the weeks with Excel charts! – 5 stars
- Great course. I really enjoyed it. Very informative. – 5 Stars
Create Dynamic and Interactive Charts
- Simple language and good examples to guide the practice. I like this course. learned several things!
Arrays: A Powerful Excel Tool
- This course contained some excellent Excel formulas and solution ideas.
- Really handy overview of array tools and formulas. Definitely need to keep this in my back pocket. – 5stars
Dynamic Array Formulas and Other New Excel Functions (2022)
- There are some really cool things you can do with arrays that I was not aware of. this training was great and I plan to implement some of what I learned in the near future – 5 stars
- This is a great curse with good instructions on new excel formulas – 5 stars
Power Query- Get and Transform Data (2022)
- I have some basic understanding of the Power Query process in Excel, but I learned several new items in this. – 5 stars
- Extremely helpful and now I can handle power query issues as I suffered for this more than 5 years. – 5 stars
Use Pivot Tables to Organize, Summarize and Analyze Data
- Incredible course. meticulous documentation makes the learning enjoyable and easy to immediately put to use. – 5 stars
Drive Your Dashboard with Excel
- I learned about some really useful Excel features that I didn’t know about – slicers, other forms of conditional formatting and dynamic charts. – 5 Stars
- Good course with relevant info and examples. Found that it was easy to follow and templates provided will be good starts for future dashboards. – 5 stars
- So many great tips and instructions. Can’t wait to apply them.
- Excellent class. the supporting PDF and excel templates will provide immense value in generating dashboards. – 5 stars
- Awesome content, this really helped me understand both excel and dashboarding! – 5 Stars -2/6/23
Other CPE Course Reviews
Accounting for Digital Assets in Estate Planning
- So much important and essential information that most people aren’t aware of. We all have digital assets- financial and social, but very few of us have provided for access to them after we die. It’s important that we pass this knowledge onto clients – 5 Stars.
Ethics CPE Course Reviews
Ethics for CPAs in Business ( text based course and a video based course)
- The [author] provided good material, including examples to illustrate.
- This ethics course provides information on how to handle certain situations. I think it is well worth the time.
- This was a comprehensive course that covered many facts of ethics for the CPA working in business.
- This is a great course. I would recommend this to any CPA working their CPE credits. – 5 stars
- Very well structured and informative. Information was summarized well using great examples. -4 stars
- this course is effective and has good real-world examples which makes it interesting and relatable. – 5 stars
- Great course, clear and concise, would recommend others to take this course – 5 stars
Ethics and Professional Conduct for Texas CPAs
- This was much more engaging than other Ethics courses I’ve taken over the years. I liked the emphasis on case studies and changes in the Ethics rules.
- I loved being able to read, rather than listen to, the course. Tons of case studies were included, and I always enjoy looking into them. Highly recommend this course!
- Very informative course, efficient to complete, useful material.
- Great case examples and I liked how the important points were summarized at the end of each section. It helped boil down the info into pieces that were easier to remember.
- Course material is easy to navigate and contains relevant examples which help solidify our professional requirements. – 5 stars
- good course covering the basics needed for Texas licensing, and not intentionally obtuse like some ethics courses can be with regards to content matching the questions. – 5 stars
Ethics and Professional Conduct for California CPAs
- The material is very helpful. I think all CPAs or non-CPAs would benefit from the course. It’s importance to understand the difference between moral and professional ethics. The course material explains it in details and how to differentiate it by providing examples. Also, it’s written in simple and non-technical language where everyone can learn.
- Course materials cover a lot of areas and are very practical. It could be even better if the course is in a video format. I will save the course materials and use them as refer or reference in the future.
- The reading was good prep for the test. I was surprised at the relevance of the reading and the author’s fresh take on ethic vs morals. 5 Stars
- This course was easy to read and understand, so well written with easy to follow examples. – 5 stars
Professional Ethics for Colorado CPAs
- This course was complete and easy to understand. There were good examples of different situations to help you apply the concepts
- Great review course for ethics requirements in NY. The course is simple and easy to follow.
Ethical Conduct for Florida CPAs
- Very thorough course. Went in depth and gave good case studies. Would take again. – 4 Stars
Professional Ethics for Illinois CPAs
- Very thorough information. Glad I took this course.
Professional Ethics for New York CPAs
- Great review course for ethics requirements in NY. The course is simple and easy to follow.
- The program was well laid out and easy to follow. The included case studies help to visual the concepts discussed and inject some life into the subject.
- I enjoyed the course and thought it was very informative. Thanks!
- The course was easy to read and follow. The exam questions were straightforward. – 5 stars
- I thought there was a solid overview of moral vs ethics with examples of real life scenarios and then liked that it was specific to NY CPAs across audit and tax functions – 5 Stars
- This course was very helpful and provided a good refresher. I highly recommend this course to other CPAs! – 5 Stars
North Carolina Professional Ethics
- Appreciated this ethics course for NC. I especially liked the scenarios within the course and the reasoning behind any violations or decisions made. It allowed the principles to be applied in practical ways. – 5 Stars
Ohio Professional Ethics
- Good overview and refresher. Liked the use of case studies. – 4 stars
- While reading through that much Ohio and AICPA code was a little dry, it was good coverage of professional ethics and gave good examples to consider. 4 Stars
Ethics and Professional Conduct for Washington CPAS
- Excellent course. The materials were easy to follow. Great questions.
Professional Ethics for Wyoming CPAs
- The best ethics course I’ve taken to date. I liked all the examples given to explain situations